Pranayama or Breathing Exercises is One of the Ancient exercises to do For Complete health and Next stage of Mental awareness. Pranayama Means-“Controlling of breath and Art of Breathing”. Prana means Vital energy of body and If you can control and enhance this Than You Can go to the next stage of awareness.
Breathing Exercises involved Many factors like Controlling of breath and Fill up the body with Energy of Prana.Five types of prana are responsible for various pranic activities in the body, they are Prana, Apana, Vyan, Udana & Samana. And Most importane of these Are Prana and Apana.
Pranayama Yoga Steps and Benefits
Kapalbhati is One of the most Famous pranayama of all time and the reason behind this is It’s Health benefits and promotion by Many yoga gurus. Baba Ramdev is one of the most Biggest figur in Kapal bhati’s tremendeous Spreading throughout the world.
Kapal means Scalp and it will give you TEJ or Kanti on your face thats why It is Most beneficial pranayama.
How to Do kapalbhati pranayama-Steps
- First find a clean place and sit Comfortably in One of the Asana-Sukhasana or Padmasana
- Spine position must be Erect
- The facial position should be straight.
- This is like bhastrika pranayama but enhale and exhale way of this pranayama is different from bhastrika.
- Two main kriyas Involve in kapalbhati- Inhale slowely and normally and exhale forcefully.
- First you should Inhale Normally as you can and this time your stomach will be out.
- Than You should start exhale breathing with force and stomach will be in.
- You can inhale long for one time and Exhale many short time with force and your stomach will be going inner while exhaling.
- You can do it 2 to 15 minutes and You can take help of your any friend.
Kapalbhati Pranayama Benefits
- It can improve your digesition and Your stomach will be clean well. If you have irregular bowel movement than You can do it.
- Kapalbhati pranayama can detoxify body from various types of toxins like we get in traffic/pollution through air.
- It can make brain sharper and Thoughts positive.
- Your day will be more energetic for whole day and you will feel some kind of More energy to do your regular task.
- It can balance weight and More useful for overweight peoples
- Many patients who are suffering from sugar can get benefits by doing this pranayama.
- If you have some Laziness problem than You can do it regularly
- It will care your all Parts of body for better performance.
- Kapalbhati will give you a bright and Full of kanti face which will improve your personality and attraction.
Precautions of Kapalbhati
- You must have clean stomach before doing this pranayama
- If you have gastric ulcer, Heart disease or high blood pressure than You should not do it.
Perfect time to do Kapalbhati
- You should do Kapalbhati at morning time
- Make Sure You have empty stomach while doing kapalbhati pranayama
- If you have High BP, Heart disease or gastric ulcer than You should not do Kapalbhati pranayama.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama
It is also Known as Nadi Shodhan (Alternate Nostril Breathing)
left Nostril is Ida (Moon Principle or mind). Right Nostril represents pingla Nadi (Sun Principle or body). In alternate nostril breathing, once inhale through left and exhale through right then inhale through right and exhale through left nostril. This purifies the ida and pingla nadis.
The purpose of the alternate nostril breathing is to balance the physical and mental energy. it is recommended for all types of problems. As Hatha yoga principles says that the health conditions are due to imbalance between these ida and pingla nadis,alternate nostril breathing balances these two forces.
It is very effective in purifying mind and body. Regular practice offers energy to the body, releases stress, anxiety and also treat serious health conditions, which includes heart problems, cartilage, depression, asthma, high BP and arthritis.It can also reduce weight depending on the body constitution as this pranayama is very god for obesity.
How to Do Anulom vilom Pranayama- Steps
- Sit in the comfortable pose. We advice you to sit with your backbone straight and make sure you fill breath in lungs.
- In anulom vilom pranayama, breathing is done through nostrils alternatively.
- The thumb is uses to close the right nostril and the ring finger is used to close the left nostril.
- Choose the level of exercise, you can easily keep up with and breathe comfortably.
- The default ratio od inhale, exhale and hold is- 1:4:2.
- Inhale- x second; exhale-2x second; Holds-4x Second.
- Close the right nostril, Using right thumb and start breathing in. Try to use full seconds
- Hold both nostril using thumb and ring finger and hold your breath
- Open your right nostril and breath out slowely and steadily
- Hold your breath for the desired time after exhalation. Beginners are avised not o hold their breath.
- Use full seconds while breathing in slowely and regularly from the right side.
- Hold both nostril, using you thumb and ring finger, tohold your breath.
- Open your lef nostril and breathe our slowely and steadily from the left side.
How to Do Steps
- Sit comfortably in an erect spine position.
- Perform deep and long inhalatios and exhalations continuously.
- During the practise exphasize on the throx activity.
- The speed of breathing is 120 strokes as in Kapalbhati
- After 10-15 strokes halt the practice and enjoy the Kevala kumbhaka (autmatic suspension of breathing) by being silent. Continue after a minut, Repeat 3 rounds.
Benefits of Bhastrika
- Increase the blood circulation in the body.
- Very good for chrinic cols, nasal allergines and various respiratory ailments, supplements the benefits of Kapalbhati.
- Persons suffering from epilepsy and hypertension should avoid this practice.
- The flapping of the abdomen resembles the blacksmith’s bellow and hence it is bhastrika.
- It will boost the positivity in the brain and make your thoughts full of sharpness.
- Make your breathing good and it will increase prana vayu in your body.
- It is good to do before mediation activity.
Bhramari Pranayama- Beetle sounding
How to Do Bhramari pranayama-Steps
- Sit erect in padmasana.
- Breathe in through both nostrils in such a way that a fine sound like the one produced by a male beetle is heard.
- Allow the breath to stop effortlessly.
- Slowly exhale while producing a sound from the mouth and nose.
- Exhalation of breath and sound will go together.
- At the time of this Pranayama you should cover your ears, eyes by the help of thumb and two fingers.
- Fingers position-Thumb on the ears and Two fingers( Middle and Ring finger) on the Eyes.
- At this time index finger will be on scalp.
Benefits of Bhramari breathing exercise
- It is good for vocal system pf the body.
- Will improve your vocal capability and Your sound with sweetness and Sharpness.
- Good for mental relief, when you feel some kind of stress than You can do this pranayama and your mind will be calm.
- It is beneficial n heart conditions and High blood pressure problems.
- It can improve you sleep quality and sleep duration. If you have insomnia than you must do this pranayama.
- If you have anxiety or depression than You must do it because It can give you More calmness.
The Four Pranayama which I mentioned are Easiest Pranayama yoga to do And These are most common and best to do Daily pranayama of all time. Pranayama Also called breathing exercises because these activities involves Enhalation and exhalation of prana Air.
The physical and Mental capability of Body and Mind can be develop by Daily breathing exercises. You have to do These daily at fixed time with Concentration.
Share This article about 4 Pranayama For beginners to do. Everyone can do this and remember about Things which I mentioned in The precautions section.