Hello friends in this blog I will tell you about Gyan Mudra. It is among one of the most famous mudras in Ancient yoga system. This Gyan Mudra often used for meditation. This mudra is one of the most amazing mudra for both mental and physical benefits. This Mudra looks ordinary but its has some extraordinary benefits.
How to Do Gyan Mudra- Steps by Steps
Meaning of this Mudra ? Gyan means Knowledge, Wisdom and Mudra means gesture so the word Gyan mudra means – ‘Gesture of Knowledge’ so this mudra is made for peoples who wants wisdom and who wants the connect themselves with the almighty. So doing this Gyan mudra can be very Self-transformative.
What is Mudra
Mudra is a symbolic gesture in many religion such as hinduism, jainism, buddhism, Some mudras involves entire body while some mudras performed with hands and fingers. This Mudra performed with fingers and thumb.
How to do Gyan mudra ?
- First you should sit in a comfortable posture. Best Sitting posture will be asanas like Padmasana, Siddhasana, Sukhasana.
- To perform this Jnan mudra bring the tips of the thumb and index finger together and form a cricle.
- Touch tips of index finger with tips of your thumb. keep the remaining three stright, stretched and the palm facing upward.
- If you put your palm facing sky then it is called chin mudra and if you put it towards the ground then its called Jnan Mudra.
- You can do this mudra whenever you gets time.
- Performing this mudra on daily basis will cure all the mental disease.
Benefits of Doing Gyan Mudra
- This will cure indigestion
- Enhance Memory power
- Improve focus and concentration
- Prevents stress and anger
- Great while doing meditation
- Great for sleep disorders
- Promotes proper flow of air Prana
- Eliminates negative forces
- Great For Awakening of chakras, Specially Agya chakra
So these were the benefits of doing this Brilliant Mudra on daily basis. this mudra symbolizes the connection of the self with the universe the supreme soul. This mudra also brings Wisdom and knowledge to the practitioner. This Mudra according the the yogic philosophy brings Enlightenment to the one who performs it.
So this was the complete detailed blog about this Mudra. Please share this blog with your friends so they can get to know better about the yoga and the yogic philosophy.
Thanks for reading this blog.